Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 12, 2011 – Beginner’s Class

Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 12, 2011 – Beginner’s Class

REMEMBER!
Listen to the first word of a question! And answer that way!
Use the first word of the question in your answer.
Have...? Are...? Do .....? Does....?
You are killing me slowly with that mistake.

Do you have time?
Yes, I do. / No, I don't.
X Yes, I have. / No, I haven't.

Are you tired?
Yes, I am. / No, I’m not.

Have you ever been to Hawaii?
Yes, I have. / No, I haven't.

Do you understand?
Yes, I do. / No, I don’t. / Yes, I understand. / No, I don't understand.

------------------------------------------

One word from today's NEWS!
Model Marie, 24, has enrolled in Parsons The New School for Design, a famous American art university in New York City.
Marie is going to school in NYC.
Marie entered a school in NYC.
Marie has enrolled in a school in NYC.
----------------------------------------------

How do we say 準備するin English?
to prepare
to get ready / to be ready
to arrange
to set up

They are all a little bit different.
"to prepare": (formal) / "to be/get ready": (casual)
Are you prepared for work? / Are you ready for work?

How long does it take you to ~ for work?
get ready

You should ~ yourself for bad news.
prepare


Did you study for the test?
Did you ~ for the test?
prepare


Are you prepared for the test?
Are you ready for the test?

Are you all ~ for your trip?
ready/prepared

Mother: I ~ dinner.

Mother --> son: Go and ~ for dinner.
get ready

Please set the table.

arrange / set up / organize
I arranged a meeting between (A) and (B).
I set up a meeting between (A) and (B).
He set her up with him. (romantic)
My father set me up with a job.

Can you prepare the conference room?
Can you get the conference room ready?
X Can you arrange the conference room?
Can you set up the conference room?
Can you arrange for a conference room?

I ~ to have my mother picked up at the airport.
I arranged to have my mother picked up at the airport.
I arranged to have her picked up at the airport.

Could you help me ~ the DVD player?
set up

I ~ to move.
I arranged to move.

He ~ the tent.
set up

I ~ the party.
I organized the party.

All the lessons are ~ alphabetically.
organized

The Yakuza are Japan’s version of ~ crime.
organized

No comments:

Post a Comment