Monday, October 3, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - Sept. 30, 2011 - Mixed Class

to annoy,
to bother,
to disturb, javascript:void(0)
to interrupt,

Sorry to bother/disturb/interrupt.
X Sorry to annoy.

That’s annoying.
X That’s bothering.
--------------------

to intrude,
I’m sorry to intrude.

to impose,
I don't/wouldn't want to impose.

to butt in = to interrupt
He butt into the conversation.
Don’t butt in.
He butt in line.

I hope I'm not imposing.
--------------------
to cut in (line)
to cut sb off (used when driving)

I'm sorry to interrupt. / I apologize for the interruption.
I apologize for the intrusion.

I don't mean to pry, but.... (ask a personal question).
I know this is none of my business, but....
I know this is none of my business, but why did you fight?

I'm sorry to bother you, but you have a phone call.
I'm sorry to bother you, but can I ask a question?

No comments:

Post a Comment