Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oct. 5, 2011 - Nico Nico Douga Class - (会員のみ) 英会話生放送 MIXED LEVEL - cancer & sickness expressions

Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 5, 2011

I was inspired by the news to talk about this.

What is the difference between HEAL and CURE?

病気です。
1. I'm sick.

気持ち悪い
2. I don't feel good. I feel sick. I feel bad.

胸がむかつく。吐き気がする。
3. I feel nauseous.

痛いです。
4. I'm in pain.

歯が痛い。
5. My tooth hurts.

虫歯がある。
6. I have a cavity.

歯がかけた。/ 歯が折れた。
7. I broke a tooth.

8. I got the flue. I have the flu.
He came down with the flu.

9. There's a stomach bug going around.

10. 彼は癌だ。
He has cancer.

11. He was diagnosed with cancer.

12. The doctor diagnosed the patient.
13. The doctor diagnosed the problem.
The doctor diagnosed PERSON with DISEASE.

12. I hurt my shoulder.
I injured my shoulder.
I screwed up my shoulder.
I messed up my shoulder.
I fucked up my shoulder.

13. The doctor treated me.
The doctor cured me.
I cured Maggie of barking.
I cut my hand by accident, but it healed after a few days.

14. As I get older it takes me longer to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment