Sunday, December 2, 2012

(会員)12月02日 (日曜日) 中級ー上級 - sophisticated English


(会員)12月02日 (日曜日) 中級ー上級 - sophisticated English

to sophisticate st
food
a) cuisine
b) fare
c) victuals
d) the meal


eat
a) consume
b) partake
c) dine

eat like a pig
a) to gormandize = pig out, chow down, eat greedily

You can eat it. =  It is edible.
You can eat it. =  It is palatable.

He has a very good sense of taste. = He has a very refined palate.

real    genuine   authentic

Most authentic Indian food is too spicy for the American palate.
The recipe has been altered to accommodate the Japanese palate.

I didn’t even notice I was wearing that hat.
I was completely unaware I was wearing that hat.
I was completely oblivious to the fact I was wearing that hat.

oblivious

It's to cleanse to palate.

This water is not fit for human consumption.
This water is not potable.

spirits
libation
Would you care for a drink?
Would you care for some spirits?
Would you care for a libation?

colloquial
What’s your poison?
What can I get you?
What’ll you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment