Friday, December 28, 2012

(会員)12月28日 (金曜日) 10:30pm-11:30pm 初級-中級-上級 1 hour lesson!

(会員)12月28日 (金曜日) 10:30pm-11:30pm 初級-中級-上級 1 hour lesson!


a / the
a = new information
a = 1
a = before proper nouns of people you don't know


1. I went to ~ convenience store.

2. I went to ~ new French restaurant.

3. I like dog. vs. I like dogs. 
What's the difference between these two?

4. I like chicken / chickens.

5. A: He's friends with Tom Cruise. 
    B: You mean ~ Tom Cruise?

6. Have you seen ~ new 007 movie?


Be careful! I'm trying to trick you. I'm trying to fool you.

7. I like listening to ~ music.

Answer: NOTHING

8. Do you know ~ music that they are playing on that TV show?

9. ~ Mr. Jones called for you.

10. I have ~ daughter and two sons.  My daughter is married. ~ eldest son is in college, and ~ youngest is in high school.

11. Mr. Jones robbed ~ bank. / He was arrested for robbing ~ bank.

12. Where did you get that car? Did you rob a bank?

13. Excuse me where is ~ bathroom?

14. Excuse me, is there ~ bathroom around here?
----------------
SICK!
1. I have a cold. 

2. I caught a cold. 

3. My son gave me a cold. 
I hope I don't give you my cold!

4. My nose is stuffy.  (can't breathe)
4. My nose is stuffy.  I have a stuffy nose. My nose is stuffed.

5. My nose is running. (鼻水)  I have a runny nose.  

6. I have a slight fever.

7. I have a fever. 

8. I have a [back / ear / tooth / head / stomach] ache.

I haven't gotten the hang of it yet. 

9. I have a hangover. / I am hungover. 

10. I have a sore throat.

---------------------------------
China 1950 paper says Senkakus are Japan's 
An unearthed Chinese government document from 1950 appears to refute China's current claim to the Senkakus

My father likes to downplay his health problems.
My father likes to exaggerate his health problems.

The Japanese government was "lying through their teeth about the reactor meltdown" crisis.
The Japanese government was "lying through their teeth".

白々しいうそをつく lie through one's teeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment