Wednesday, December 19, 2012

(会員)12月16日 (日曜日) Mixed - Christmas English!



1. ambivalent 
Q: How do you feel about the elections?
A: I’m ambivalent.
ambivalent = to have mixed feelings
ambidextrous = to be able to use both hands well

2. What are some other names for Santa Clause.
Saint Nicholas/Nick
Father Christmas
Kris Kringle

3. It's Christmas in July.

the Southern Hemisphere

cold idioms:
4. She caught a cold.

5.  to get cold feet
to suddenly become reluctant to do something you were planning
Are you getting cold feet?

6. to give sb the cold shoulder
She gave me the cold shoulder.

7. What's your favorite Christmas Movie?
I like: Nightmare Before Christmas.
Santa Claws

8. She is a cold fish.

9. Cold hands, warm heart.

10. He quit smoking cold turkey. = He quit completely.

11. He knocked him out cold.

12. I need some cold cash. / I need some hard cash.

13. She broke out in a cold sweat.

14. It will be a  cold day in hell before I do that.

15. When Hell freezes over. = Never.
A: Will you kiss me?
B: Sure, when Hell freezes over.

16. cold blooded = without feeling or sympath
It was cold blooded murder.

17. in cold blood
He killed her in cold blood.

18. Cold enough for you?

19. to blow hot and cold
He is blowing hot and cold about ~.

20. 20. to make sb's blood run cold
My blood ran cold when I heard the news.

21. ことわざ / proverb
Revenge is a dish best served cold

I'm ambivalent about NOUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment