Monday, December 10, 2012

(会員)12月07日 (金曜日) 中級-上級 - My favorite words


(会員)12月07日 (金曜日) 中級-上級 - My favorite words

1. to get under sb's skin
She gets under my skin.

Many things bother me. 
Many things bug me. 
Many things annoy me.

 2. diddlysquat=nothing
I didn't do diddlysquat.
He didn't do squat.
He doesn't know squat. 
He doesn't know diddlysquat.

 3. redonkulous
ridiculous + donkey
= ridiculous 

4. gruesome + grisly
gruesome: ゾッとするような, 恐ろしい, Causing horror and repugnance; frightful and shocking
grisly: ゾッとするような、身の毛もよだつ、不気味な, Inspiring repugnance; gruesome

5. lascivious=sexual, expressing lust

6. Best 〜 ever!

7. dilapidated= Having fallen into a state of disrepair or deterioration, as through neglect; broken-down and shabby.
 
8. a douche = a low level person
a douche bag = a low level person

9. ginormous =
gigantic + enormous = ginormous

10. ravenous = VERY hungry

11. aesthetic = artistic, pleasing in appearance
The painting is aesthetically pleasing.




12. epicurean = Devoted to the pursuit of sensual pleasure, especially to the enjoyment of good food and comfort.

13. mercurial = Quick and changeable in temperament; volatile

No comments:

Post a Comment